Monday, December 28, 2009

Bye Beantown!

Hey all!

Well, yesterday was our final day at the Wang. Sounds so dirty. No wonder they changed it to Citi Center. Anyhoo, it was a fantastic experience. Stepping foot on that stage for sound check, before anyone was in the audience, is one of those moments I'll remember for the rest of my days. The theatre itself is beautiful, impeccably kept, and, for 3,000 seats, feels intimate. There's just this warm vibe about the place. After sound check, I was ushered downstairs for a little interview time for the news network here - New England Cable News.

http://www.necn.com/Boston/Arts-Entertainment/2009/12/23/101-Dalmatians-takes-center/1261614655.html

They had a rescue Dalmatian as part of the spot, no pun intended. His name....Spots. Another thing that makes me hate the owner that gave him up. Really? You couldn't take five more minutes to think of a better name, people? But I digress. Large dogs seems to know that I have no center of gravity. So as soon as I came in, they said, "We want to get some footage of you interacting with Spots. Cool. Since he's not one of the dogs we travel with, I had no idea of what he was like, his quirks, etc. So, naturally, he jumped up on me, knocked me flat onto the ground and started licking my neck and face with a fervor that removed all of my carefully placed "TV" makeup. So when you take a gander at the clip, forgive the face, and bear in mind that moments after you see him jump up on me, I was on the ground.

We got some groovy reviews in Boston. There were lots, BWay World, Boston Globe. Raj, who plays Jinx in our show, has taken it upon himself to be my PR maven. So he's compiling and searching and putting all that fun together for me.

http://boston.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.php?thread=1008907

http://www.boston.com/ae/theater_arts/articles/2009/12/25/as_cruella_rachel_york_puts_the_bite_in_the_101_dalmatians_musical/

There's a couple for ya. Okay, time to finish my laundry and ready myself for MIAMI!!! Next stop on our whirlwind tour! Check in with ya lata.

No comments:

Post a Comment